We use only the finest materials. All leather is from Horween Leather in Chicago, IL.
Luckily for us we live in the Chicagoland area. This means we can hand select all our leather hides to make sure we are getting the best leather for our products.
Our current selection of leathers include:
- Hot stuffed with Horween's secret blend of natural oils and greases
- Chromexcel is characterized by a rich pull-up (temporary lightening of leather when folded, caused by displacing oil and waxes)
- Has a rustic, rugged appearance from the tumbling process
- The rich pull-up and tumbling process creates beautiful color tones
- Similar to Derby, but less rustic looking since it does not get tumbled like Derby
All of these Horween leathers are hot stuffed with waxes and oils which creates a soft yet durable leather. They have a rich pull-up and will patina beautifully over time. Some of the waxes and oils may surface and create a white haze on the leather. Gently rubbing the leather will create heat and allow the waxes and oils to reabsorb into the leather.
For more information about Horween and their famous leather please visit Horween's website.